Christmas Card Craft
With Thanksgiving leftovers in the refrigerator and Christmas lights quickly popping up around the neighborhood, it is officially the Christmas season! Celebrate all month long with holiday themed crafts that we’ll be posting the next few weeks. Feel free to share your own with us!
Santa’s Beard Card
What you’ll need:
- Red cardstock
- Skin-colored cardstock
- Large white artificial flower
- 2 black brads
- 3-D white pearl fabric paint
- Red blush or pink chalk
- Double-sided padded tape
- White glitter
- Paper scissors
- Hot glue gun
How to make it:
Step 1: Santa Card Template
- Trace and cut Santa face and nose pattern on skin-colored cardstock. For Santa’s face, use a folded piece of cardstock, matching it up to the “fold line” indicated on the template.
- Trace and cut the pieces of Santa’s hat pattern on red color cardstock.
Step 2: Santa’s Flower Beard
- Pull off stem of large flower and cut off any green petals.
- Cut off two petals and trim petals for eye brows.
- Fold large flower and hot glue folded flower on bottom half of card.
- Place double-sided padded tape on the back of Santa’s nose.
- Place nose in the center of card above Santa’s beard.
- Place black brads for eyes above nose.
- Glue eye brows above eyes.
- Apply blush on cheeks of Santa.
Step 3: Santa’s Hat
- Glue hat to the top of Santa’s head.
- Place double-sided padded tape on base of hat.
- Place hat brim on top of tape.
- Fold over tip of hat and hot glue tip on the right side of hat.
- Place double-sided padded tape on the back of the pompom cut-out.
- Place double-side tapes pompom onto the card so that it overlaps the hat brim and touches the tip of the hat.
- Pipe curls on brim, pompom, and along edges of hat using 3-D fabric paint.
- Sprinkle white glitter on top of piped curls. Let dry.
- Substitute white large flower for white faux fur fabric.
Find this and other great kid-friendly holiday crafts at Kaboose.com.