Homemade BBQ Potato Chips with Smoked Paprika
- 2 (10-ounce) bags olive oil potato chips (or good quality chips)
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Place chips on an oven tray and bake for about 5 minutes until they are hot and they begin to release their oil.
While chips are in the oven mix together the paprika, garlic powder, sugar and salt.
When the chips are hot, sprinkle the spice mixture over them and carefully toss to season all of the chips. (Be careful of the hot tray.)
Serve warm or at room temperature.
Shredded, Saucy BBQ Chicken Sammies
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bottle Mexican beer
- 4 pieces, 6 ounces each boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning, by McCormick)
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 large sour deli pickle, chopped
- 6 to 8 slices sweet bread and butter pickles, chopped
- 6 soft sammy buns, such as soft burger rolls, split
Bring liquids to a simmer in a small to medium skillet and slide in the chicken breast meat. Gently poach the chicken 10 minutes, turning once about after 5 minutes.
While chicken poaches, heat a second medium skillet over medium low heat. To hot skillet, add extra-virgin olive oil and garlic and onion and gently saute until chicken is ready to come out of poaching liquids. Combine the next 5 ingredients in a medium bowl and reserve.
When the chicken has cooked through, add 2 ladles of the cooking liquid to the bowl, combining with the sauces, spices, brown sugar and tomato paste. Once the liquids and seasonings are combined, remove chicken, slice it, and transfer to the medium bowl. Using 2 forks, shred the chicken and combine with the liquids. Add the shredded chicken to the onions and garlic and combine well. Simmer together 5 to 10 minutes, using extra cooking liquids to make your chicken as saucy as you like.
Combine sour and sweet pickles in a small bowl. Split rolls and fill with scoops of shredded chicken. Top with pickle relish and serve.
Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes
1 (18 1/2-ounce) package chewy fudge brownie mix (recommended: Duncan Hines)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 regular muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.
Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Fill the cups half full with brownie batter. Place about 1 tablespoon peanut butter chips in the center of the batter, or press 1 peanut butter cup into the batter in each muffin cup until the batter meets the top edge of the peanut butter cup.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the cupcakes are set. When they can be handled safely, remove them from the muffin tins and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.